Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Fr. Rob's Excellent Liturgical Adventure

I realize it's a month past, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of seeing some pictures of my "Thrown BackTM" Christmas.

I did it up right this time: My Christmas Masses were all sung - I love chanting the Mass - with the full complement of servers and lots of incense. The only thing I didn't have were Sanctus bells, because we don't have a set here at the parish. But all things in good time...

And, of course, a Thrown Back Christmas Liturgy wouldn't be complete without:

The Biretta!

Here's another picture of me in my cool ecclesiastical headgear!

This picture was taken while I was chanting the Canon.

And here I am with the servers for the 10:00 AM Mass
on Christmas Day.

All in all, it was an excellent Christmas, quite possibly the best I've had yet as a priest. I can't wait for Easter!