Mark Shea and I will be leading a Pilgrimage this September to Lourdes and the Shrines of France!
Mark Windsor at Vociferous Yawpings will be our gracious pilgrimage director.
Here is a summary itinerary:
Fr. Rob Johansen (Thrown Back), Mark Shea (Catholic And Enjoying It)
Trip Coordinator: Mark Windsor (Vociferous Yawpings)
Departs September 21, 2004 and returns to on September 29, 2004. This is a 9 day, 7 night trip to France with scheduled visits at Lourdes, Paris, Chartres, and Lisieux. Each day we will celebrate mass at some of the most significant shrines and cathedrals in Europe.
The trip includes:
* Mass celebrated daily
* Breakfast daily
* Dinners as noted below (no lunches are included)
* Hotel accommodations, tax and VAT
* Small group; minimum 20 passengers, maximum 30
* Baggage transfer (1 bag per person)
* Services of a professional and fully licensed tour manager
* Motorcoach service throughout
* Paris Metro tickets
* All prearranged entry fees (there are some optional tours that travelers may choose to take at additional cost)
* Roundtrip 2nd class TGV rail service between Paris and Lourdes
* For 20-29 passengers the fare is $2215 per person, based on double occupancy
* For 30 passengers, the fare drops to $1978 per person, based on double occupancy
* Deposit for the land portion of the trip is $200 per person due at the time of booking. This deposit is fully refundable up to 90 days before departure; 50% refundable 89-45 days before departure; nonrefundable within 45 days of departure.
* Roundtrip airfare available on American Airlines at additional cost. Air costs vary based on departure city. Space is EXTREMELY limited, so book early!
* Deposit for the air portion of the trip is $100 per person due at the time of booking. This deposit is fully refundable 120 days before departure. Deposit is nonrefundable within 120 days of departure.
Day 1 - Sept 21 - Tuesday
Day 2 - Sept 22 - Wednesday - Paris & Lourdes
Arrive Paris DeGaulle airport
TGV rail service from Paris to Lourdes
Day 3 - Sept 23 - Thursday - Lourdes
Mass at the grotto in Lourdes
Half day guided tour of Lourdes
Visit to the sanctuaries of Lourdes
Day 4 - Sept 24 - Friday - Lourdes & Paris
Half day orientation tour of Paris
Visit to Chapelle de la Medaille Miraculeuse (St. Catherine)
Day 5 - Sept 25 - Saturday - Paris & Chartres
Morning mass at Sacre Coeur or Shrine of the Miraculous Medal
Visit to Chartres Cathedral
N.B. This is also my birthday!
Day 6 - Sept 26 - Sunday - Chartres & Lisieux
Morning Gregorian Mass at Chartres Cathedral, Visit to the Chapelle du Sainte Therese
Transfer to Caen by motorcoach
Visit Normandy D-Day landing beaches and American Cemetery
Day 7 - Sept 27 - Monday - Lisieux & Paris
Day 8 - Sept 28 - Tuesday - Paris
Visit Notre Dame Cathedral - guided tour if no mass scheduled
Farewell dinner at hotel
Day 9 Return air to the US Wednesday Sept 29
For more details go to Mark Windsor's announcement, or e-mail him at yawper1 [at] comcast.net
This is looking like a great trip. I hope you can come!