Wednesday, October 22, 2003

We've Won a Victory, But The Battle Isn't Over

As Mark Shea has reported, Terri's husband and his lawyer aren't about to just give up in their efforts to see Terri Schiavo dead.

I spoke to Mr. Schindler (Terri's dad) last night, and he sounded exhausted. He isn't able to get any information about his daughter except through the husband. Furthermore, Terri is still being denied Viaticum. So she's not out of the woods yet.

I'm leaving for Florida later this morning. I will do my best to keep you all posted on what happens there. But keep praying and keep up the pressure on the judges and politicians. It's especially important that we recognize and thank those in positions of power when they do the right thing. So let Jeb Bush and the Florida legislators who voted for Terri's Law know you appreciate them!

Pray for Terri, and pray for me. Pray especially for Msgr. Malanowski, who has labored so hard on Terri's behalf.