Monday, May 12, 2003

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that all of you were extra-special nice to your mothers! My Mom came up from Florida and she's spending the week with me.

I introduced her to the congregation at Mass yesterday (which she said was "sneaky" on my part). Lots of parishioners welcomed her and made her feel very much at home.

This morning I took her with me to our elementary school. I am teaching the 4th graders the Gregorian chant "Ave Maria" and my Mom was impressed (as am I) at how quickly they're picking it up. We then went to visit a couple of classes, and the kids were all wanting to ask her questions about me. When she started telling them stories about me as a child (like how I was a terrible liar and could never get away with anything), I thought it best to move on...

Always remember Mom!