Monday, July 09, 2007

My Motu Proprio Celebration

Because of parish committments, I had to delay my celebration of the Motu Proprio to yesterday afternoon.

But celebrate I did! It seems that most of the Traddy celebrations of Summorum Pontificum involved Veuve Cliquot. I'm more a Moet man myself, and I have a bottle of Moet Nectar Imperial on hand, but I decided to celebrate with different libations:



I broke out my bottle of Lagavulin 16 year-old Scotch and I opened a bottle of my prized 1989 Barros Colheita Port. It is, absolutely, the best port I have ever had. Don't bother trying to find any more in the U.S. I've tried extensively, and it's all gone.

I also thought that such a momentous occasion deserved a burnt offering, so I lit up one of my Cuban cigars, a Montecristo No. 4.



So, glass in hand, I savored God's goodness in granting us our holy father Pope Benedict, as I savored his goodness in giving us things like single-malt scotch, vintage port, and the beautiful varieties of nicoteana.


Here's to You, Papa Benedicte!


I hope and pray that all of you will receive our holy father's generous act as the great gift it is!


Fr. Rob, enveloped in the Odor Sanctitatis